Header

jasmines facebook jasmines youtube jasmines blog jasmines twitter image map

Friday, October 3, 2014

Adventures in Dog-Walking

WELCOME TO DOGVILLE.
My brother and sister-in-law (and kids) asked us to dog-sit while they were out of town.  They have 2 very large Goldendoodles! Ringo (male)  and Francie (female).  And I have a very small house.  So even though there are only four dogs, it feels like more.

Because I have a small house and now three large dogs (and one little energetic dog), I got the crazy idea in my head to try and take them all on a walk!  It was quite the adventure.   Here's the staring line up.


 We made is as far as the driveway before Chewy saw another dog and went crazy.  (He has some bad manners of barking and rushing at other dogs.  We're working on that!!  He's a work-in-progress.)  So we all went back in the house to calm down, untangle the leashes, and reorder the pack  It was darker when we attempted it the 2nd time, so less likely to run into other dogs being walked.

Here's the finishing line up.  The girls on the outside, and the boys in the middle.  Francie is more nervous and likes to hang back by me.  Jaz likes to do her own thing... keep up with the big dogs or stop and smell the roses.  (and maybe pee on them.)  And the boys are my sled dogs.  They can just go, go, go.  This order seemed to work, and we made it around the block.  Then one of my good friends came over and walked the girls, so I could just concentrate on the boys.  It was a beautiful thing.  Thank goodness for good friends!!

In the end, all the dogs were tired and listening pretty well.  So I call that a success.

Tomorrow's adventure:  Bath-time for 4 dogs?  Or then again, maybe not!!


P.S.  While we were walking down the street, I had the 1st verse to the Monkees theme song stuck in my head!!  I wonder why??  ;)

Here we come... 
Walking down the street...
We get the funniest looks from...
Everyone we meet....

                

1 comment: